- Noted last night that PETS had quite a bit of Put volume today. While I don’t do options, high options action will cause me to look at a chart that I normally don’t trade. They release earnings on Monday and have been trading in a channel for the last 60 days. Now I don’t see how Fido will have any great guidance with Dad laid off and all so I shorted it today at the top of the channel @ $20.25 and risked a quarter. Bad Fido, bad dog.
- Shorted ES_F just at the bell last night $1092.25 with the intent on scaling into a short position – should’ve shorted more. Covered at $1080.25
- And in my pursuit to go to Hell sooner than everyone else, I also shorted CAT @ $54.55. Another in a trading range lately. Small capital risk but with the market so stretched and uncertain, I think we’ll see stockholders take some profits ahead of their earnings next week on October 20th.
- In my post of 10/13 I spoke of shorting PCLN with a $10 leash and today it finally broke down. I am short @ 171.28 Will take some off at the 20d and move my stop.
- Sold my KG with enough for lunch money. Buyers dried up. Will look at it again and re-evaluate once it’s down to 10.50
- SOHU puked up again today but strangely, bounced off the 100d again. Hmmmm Always seems to have buyers there but downwards pressure remains.
- Speaking of next week, a full 1/4 of the S&P report next week. Talk about impact.